Thank you for following the progress of the Bethel Midtown Village/North Downtown Athens redevelopment. The redevelopment will preserve and expand affordable housing options downtown and advance the vision included in the North Downtown Athens Master Plan.
Current Work, as of April 2023:
- The first phase of Bethel Homes demolition and accompanying grading is complete.
- The first phase of infrastructure (roads, utilities, street fixtures, public park, etc.) is underway. This includes the build-out of the public park to be located at the intersection of Hull and Hoyt.
- History Report completed by LK Preservation Specialists is available on their website
- Completion and leasing expected for mid- to late-2025
- Construction of the first phase, which will include 120 units of mixed income housing is currently underway.